Come with us to Loro Parque a world-famous adventure. An impressive animal and botanical park with a magnificent reproduction of their natural habitats. Enjoy its four world-class shows, among which can be high-lighted the spectacular OrcaOcean, amusing Sea Lions, our Parrot Shows, and acrobatic Dolphins. Be prepared to spend a day full of excitement and fun in this “must” of the Canary Islands. Full day tour.
The “Loro Park” was created in 1970 by Mr. Wolfgang Kiessling and his father. On December 17 of 1972 it opens its doors to the public. In its beginnings, it had an area of about 13,000 m² in which the natural habitat of the animals is reproduced, more than 150 parrots and the first parrot shows of Europe. Today the extension of the park is about 135,000 m².
Loro Parque was the first park in Europe to have a parrot show in free flight, and was also the first zoo in the world to receive the “Animal Embassy” certificate in 2008.
Among many other world-class shows, we can highlight the following:
• Aquarium: With a total of 1,200,000 liters of water that feed aquariums and are obtained directly off the Atlantic Ocean. Twelve themed exhibits in its facilities, probably one of the most impressive aquariums you could see.
• Dolphinarium: It was inaugurated in 1987 and is considered as one of the most modern venues in the world and whose pools hold some 7 million liters of sea water. These intelligent and beautiful bottlenose dolphins will astound you with their acrobatics defying the laws of gravity, as well as playing music, jumping on water and spinning and twirling in an impressive array of skills that will be everyone’s delight.
• Sea Lions: In this show, sea lions will make you laugh practically from the beginning to the end. Few animals show a capacity for as much fun as the family of sea lions (13 sea lions, 5 males and 8 females) that will make you fall in love with them.
• Loro Show: A show that began its journey more than 40 years ago and has been improved over the years, becoming today a show of world fame. All kinds of brightly colored parrots that will fly around you will delight the viewer.
• Natura vision: An impressive cinema that is under the mirror dome of the Park and is dedicated to environmental awareness through the magic of documentary film.
• Orca Ocean: Considered the most innovative and modern facility in the world to house Orcas. You will enjoy this impressive show, the one of “OrcaOcean” where you will be surprised of the strength and agility of these impressive animals.
• Planet Penguin: Discover Antarctica in Planet Penguin that houses an iceberg with more than 200 penguins. Real snow, a huge iceberg and hundreds of penguins await you in this world of ice. Considered as the best human reproduction of the natural living conditions of these curious and fun animals.